WELCOME TO BOULEVARD CUSTOMER SERVICE
We appreciate your decision to invest in Boulevard watch brands. Customer satisfaction motivates everyone at Boulevard, and it enables us to provide you with excellent service throughout the entire life of your treasured timepiece. In this section, we would like to outline the most important pieces of useful information.
WHY YOUR WATCH NEEDS CARE:
A watch is a precision instrument made up of hundreds of tiny parts, and is subjected to many mechanical and environmental effects. It must be operated correctly and serviced regularly to maintain its performance, reliability and appearance.
This section provides information and tips on how to care for your watch to ensure that it gives you satisfaction for as long as you own it.
- POWER RESERVE (AUTOMATIC):
The functioning of a self-winding mechanical watch movement depends on the wrist movements of the wearer. When fully wound, the watch will have a power reserve corresponding to the model’s specifications.
If the watch has not been worn for several days or if your wrist movements are insufficient for the permanent self-winding of the movement and its power reserve has thus run low, we recommend to wind the watch manually by giving the crown 15 to 20 full clockwise rotations.
Screw it in carefully to ensure that no water enters the mechanism.
Heavy shocks such as accidental knocks should be avoided.
- SWIMMING IN THE SEA:
Always rinse your watch with warm tap water afterwards. Please note: we recommend that you have the water resistance of your watch checked once a year by Boulevard Service Centre.
Avoid extreme temperatures (above 60C, or 140F, below 0C, or 32F) or extreme temperature changes.
- WATER RESISTANCE:
A watch’s water resistance cannot be permanently guaranteed. It may be affected by the ageing of gaskets or by an accidental shock to one of the components assuring the water resistance such as crown, pushers and crystal. As stipulated in our service instructions, we recommend you to have the water resistance of your watch checked once a year by Boulevard Service Centre.
- CHEMICAL PRODUCTS:
Avoid direct contact with solvents, detergents, perfumes, cosmetic products etc., since they may damage the bracelet, the case or the gaskets.
For metal bracelets and for all water-resistant cases, use a toothbrush with soapy tap water and a soft cloth for drying.
- LEATHER STRAP:
Boulevard recommends that you follow the steps below in order to preserve the condition of your leather strap as long as possible:
1. Avoid contact with water and dampness to prevent discoloration and deformation.
2. Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight to prevent the colour from fading.
3. Do not forget that leather is permeable! Therefore avoid contact with greasy substances and cosmetic products. It is not advisable to clean your strap with leather cleaners.
- MAGNETIC FIELDS:
Unless your watch is equipped with a Master Co-Axial Chronometer movement, resistant to magnetic fields greater than 1.5 tesla (15,000 gauss), we recommend that you avoid exposing it to powerful magnetic fields.
- SERVICE INTERVALS
Like any high-precision instrument, a watch needs regular servicing to ensure that it functions perfectly. We cannot indicate the frequency of such work, since it depends entirely on the model, the climate, and the owner’s individual care of the watch. As a general rule, a watch should be serviced every 4 to 5 years, depending on the conditions in which it is used.
A watch’s water resistance cannot be permanently guaranteed. It may be affected by the ageing of gaskets or by an accidental shock on components ensuring the water resistance qualities.
While a watch is built to last a lifetime, it should be serviced regularly to maintain its performance, reliability and appearance. Our qualified watch technicians use modern, state-of-the-art infrastructure to restore the condition of your current collection or vintage timepiece. Furthermore, our staff benefit from continuous training in order to maintain and improve the level of service we offer to our customers.
- Modern, well-lit workshop
- Clear instructions on workflow, with up-to-date technical information
- The best specialist tools
- Working stock of spare parts
- Qualified staff: watch technicians, polishers and other specialists
- Permanent on-the-job training in order to better serve our customers
Only highly qualified watch technicians are in a position to carry out restoration work. Such specific and highly qualified work is carried out by a small team of specialists and restoration of Vintage watches at our workshop. Boulevard workshop are equipped with the best tools and machines required for meticulous and precise work. At Boulevard, customer service takes top priority.
Restoration work is carried out on the case, the dial and the movement, and in order to ensure quality work, we only carry out full restorations.
- SERVICING A WATCH WITH A SOUL AND A HISTORY
Before restoration work is started, the customer receives a detailed cost estimate. The restoration work itself involves restoring faulty parts to their original condition and replicating any missing parts.
We offer between twelve (12) and twenty-four (24) month warranty on the watch.
The hands, dial, and watch movement are the only components covered under the warranty. If the watch proves to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge at the discretion of Boulevard Service Center.
In the event of a fault covered by the warranty, we will, at our discretion and without cost, repair or replace any spare parts and/or rectify any faults as identified by our Customer Service. All other rights resulting from the faulty execution of our services are expressly excluded.
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Normal wear and tear, damage caused by accidents, negligence and lack of care, improper handling, accidents (example, scratches, alteration of color, peeling of the plating).
- Battery, case, crystal, strap, or bracelet
- Non Metallic straps and chains.
- Water damage unless marked. (for details regarding water resistance please click here)
- Any damage on any part of the watch resulting from abnormal or/and abusive use, lack of care, negligence, accidents (knocks, dents, crushing, broken crystal, etc.)
- This warranty is rendered void if work is carried out on the watch by persons who are not authorized to do so by Boulevard.